On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Friday, October 26, 2012

My first experience with Golden Bell Award

During my ordinary daily walk the other day, I got to Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall and saw people busy putting up some stage kinda thing.  So I heard from the passersby... it was the preparation work for the Golden Bell Awards.

When I walked down to the park again on Thursday, I saw the huge bright light and voice broadcasting... (thank God not broadcasting my thoughts.  8-O 8-X lol)  Walking closer, I realized that it was the rehearsal of the Award ceremony.

Knowing that the award was to take place on Friday, the day after, I made an effort to go back to the award site although I knew for sure that I wouldn't be able to catch them people doing the red carpet walk because my doctor's appointment was in Keelung after 7 PM.   It didn't matter though... I made it to the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall a bit past 8 and saw the live broadcasting of the award ceremony.

So it is.  Though I was invited not to do the catwalk on the red carpet, close enough an encounter... my first close-up experience with a major national award...  lol

At the same time, interesting to take video clips using my grandpa Canon A570S while the big boys were operating the "REAL CAMERA."  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment