On what I walk to see...

"Objects do not have any intrinsic meaning- that meaning is conferred on them by us- and that different people, and the same person at different times, may confer different meanings on the same object." (Hammersley, 1989, p. 135)

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Today I got my own behind up to the Modern Toilet

Took this friend of mine, my former out-of-the-department adviser, OUT for a dinner today at the Modern Toilet in Ximen Ding (西門町).  Our table was a bathtub and we actually were sitting on the toilet bowls.  As for the food, her hotpot and my beef curry were both served in the toilet bowls and desserts in squat pot.  Both of us got an urinal cup as a souvenir.  Taking worshiping the porcelain God to a different level... lol

Both of us had great fun and I, especially, was jumping up and down taking pictures as if I have never seen a toilet! lol

My mon say the "cup" I brought home and could not stop laughing at it as well as the notion of eating out of a toilet bowl.  Think I might take my folks there some time as long as I have not gotten 86 because I was too routy... lol

Hotpot in the toilet bowl
Brownish Beef curry in the toilet bowl



(Related post in Ratology Reloaded: First major project for 2013 accomplished: got to the toilet)

No comments:

Post a Comment